Sunday, May 24, 2015

Child's Raglan Sleeve with Pouch Pocket

I found this little pattern in one of Irene Wood's books "LK 150 Classics - 19 Patterns for Men, Women and Children" and thought I would give it a try.  This pattern works up very quickly so I decided instead of having a lot of hand manipulating of a centre panel on the front I would put my garter bar to use and do a simple pouch pocket. 

Great granddaughter has hinted she would like a sweater with this pocket feature so this will be my trial run until I get her measurements from her mom (my oldest granddaughter).  I followed the instructions for a size 6.

I used a single strand of Bramwell Roselan on my LK150 at T3 and it was just like knitting through air!  I love that yarn and so did my machine!  I have enough left to make a pair of socks or slippers to go with the sweater.  I didn't start with a full cone so I really don't know how much yarn I actually used.

Here a couple of photos of the final product.  I am rather pleased and hopefully it will fit.  If not it will go into my Charity Box and a larger size made for Evalynne.  These little ones grow so fast it is hard to keep up with them!

 
Just a simple sweater with raglan sleeves (my favorite) and a pouch pocket

 
Closer look at the pouch pocket without the sleeves inserted.

Here is a photo of the book cover from which I found this cute pattern.  If you need a good starter book this would be a good one to add to your collection if you can find one.  I've had this book for a very long time and not sure if it is still available.



Irene Woods can be contacted on her website http://clearwaterknits.com.  Take a look at her blog.  There are lots of great inspirations there to get those knitting juices going.  On her blog there is a section to contact her if you require more information. 

I personally own many of her books and find them very easy to follow as I work through one of her patterns.

No comments:

Post a Comment