Saturday, December 20, 2014

Get Well Soon Present for my Granddaughter Maddy!

My granddaughter Maddy had her tonsils out on Tuesday December 16th.  She is one little trooper, no complaints just getting through the process day by day.  I was able to spend a few hours with her on Thursday the 18th and lo and behold she with her mom and dad came to visit us last evening.

I had just finished a little sweater she wanted so I was able to get a photo of her wearing it home!
It is just a basic set in sleeve, crew neck sweater with a shorter body length that she wanted.  Not sure of that but who am I to argue!

Here she is wearing her new sweater.  Looking a little solemn but understandably as her throat is still pretty sore but she is talking!


Got a smile from her with the next one!
 
Finally here is a shot of the sweater laying flat -
 



 
This little project was made on my Singer 360 with ribber.  Used Bramwell 4 ply and the color is a medium grey mix using a basic Knitware pattern for her size with minor adjustments.  The next one we will do for Maddy will be in blue - either blue denim or medium blue to wear with her jeans...  Iwant to try something with a little more texture to it.  Saw a couple of photos the other day and thought one of them might be just the ticket.  Stay tuned! 
 
Checking out my stash to see what I have on hand.  It only takes about 300 grams to knit this sweater so one cone is usually plenty for this petite young lady.  She is 15 and doing very well at school.  Even scheduled her surgery so she would only miss 4 days but had all her work done up beforehand.  Great work ethics for such a young person.  So proud of her!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment