Sunday, July 2, 2017

NEW VEST FOR HUBBY!

Hubby asked me to knit him a vest with pockets and buttons down the front.
That was okay until he said "Could you knit that up in black yarn?" - WELL, as we get older I think the dark colors are hard for us to see and I for one do have a big problem with them.

I decided to give it a go and for this project I used my Singer SK 155 with ribber and it went quite well - the knitting part that is.  When it came to seaming I did have a little trouble there but got it done!

I crocheted the button/buttonhole band but otherwise the rest was done on my machine.

Here is the final result.



Looks like he likes it but maybe next time I'll convince him to try a grey or light charcoal.  LOL

1 comment:

  1. Another gorgeous garment Marg! Your family seems to love black. haha! Good thing you love them so much ;)

    ReplyDelete